Monday, October 5, 2009

Standing in the Shoes with Jennifer Hyde

I chose to explore Da Vinci's perspective drawing technique. I used a beach boardwalk as a setting to achieve this. I first established definition between foreground and background through shading and then through detail. Objects in the background were darker and less detailed than objects appearing in the foreground. I repeated human firgures and lamp posts both in the foreground and background. To achieve their relative sizes, I first drew the object in the foreground the correct size. Then using orthagonal lines from the foreground object to the vanishing point, I was able to find the correct height of the object in the background. The vanishing point lies at the far end of the walkway along the horizon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment